Friday, March 13, 2009

Family on Facebook???

A few days ago, my Aunt whom I haven't seen since I was nine added me to Facebook. I barely know here or much about her family, yet immediately I sort of panicked. She's going to know that I'm gay.


Things going through my head: Why do I even care? Like I said, I don't even know the lady. Still, she's related to me and I don't know her very well. I want her to have a good impression of me. Should I message her and say, hey btw I'm gay. No. Stupid. Obviously she'll just read it on my profile. Is she going to hate me? Why do I care again? She's from Utah. Do people in Utah like gay people? Why would her living in Utah having anything to do with her opinion of my gayness. Why do I even care?

After I stopped being drama, I realized that she is an adult and if she's not able to deal with my being gay, then I don't really want to make friends with her anyways. Then there's the part where I had no relationship with her before, so it's not like I would experience a loss of any kind. Everything is going to be fine. Hopefully she's going to be fine with it and I'll get to know more about a side of my family that I don't really associate with much.

Final thought: If any of my other relatives join facebook, I have resolved not to freak out about it or go to any extreme measures to hide my gayness from them. This is who I am. It's not going to change. Most of them will find out eventually.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment