Thursday, May 7, 2009

Clover Girl

One day last week I had a very interesting day at work. I was bringing a load of pastries from a store across town to my store. I parked my car by the curb and went inside to get the dolly. I brought it outside and was in the middle of propping the door open when out walked a customer.

She was about 5'10, had short dark hair, and looked like she just went on a shopping spree in the men's section of American Eagle (complete with pink AE boxers I might add). She usually comes in once a week with her mom and gets some sort of extra caramel with whipped cream breve caramel macchiato.

Anyways, she came outside and said, "oh honey you don't have to do that I'll hold the door open for you". I let her hold the door and then she asked if I needed help lifting the boxes. I reassureed her that I could handle it. After I finished I thanked her and put away my car. It was obvious she was flirting with me but I was being good and not really flirting back (much).

I made my way back inside the store and started working the drive thru. It got busy for a couple of minutes but I noticed that that girl was doing something out in the grass by the drive thru lane right by the window. I knew it had something to do with me but I wasn't really sure what.

Sure enough after I got the last car through she started making her way over. I asked her if she found something in the grass. Indeed she had not one but two four leaf clovers in her hand. She said, "I picked a four leaf clover for you. Everyone thinks they are really hard to find but I think it's pretty easy if you know where to look." This was accompanied by a lot of intense eye contact and obviously meant to hold a double meaning (lesbians aren't so hard to find if you know where to look). I sort of mumbled around a thank you and managed to smile. Clover girl then threw around some compliments and the word sweetheart a few times and strutted away.

I kid you not this all really happened!!!

My immediate reactions in no particular order: fuck my girlfriend is going to kill me!; yay I set off some girl's gaydar enough for her to give me a clover; clover girl is kind of hott; probably I get a lesbian badge for this; shit I forgot what that other customers order was; how am I going to explain this clover to my boss!

For the record Kara is not at all worried about clover girl. She thinks picking a "weed" for someone is not really the best form of flirting. Mostly I think she just knows how completly in love with her I am!

Also the next time I see clover girl I will definitely find a way to casually drop the girlfriend bomb into conversation. Leading girls on is not my thing. Besides I need lesbifriends...I think we have a candidate.
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment