Wednesday, February 25, 2009

An introduction is in order

Right. So I never really formally introduced myself or anything and I've been thinking about how it's probably necessary.

So my name is Cassie. I'm a 21 year old lesbian. I have been out for about a year. It's both harder and easier than I ever thought. I have an amazing, fantastic, gorgeous, girlfriend. Her name is Kara. I could go into more details about her being super but I'll spare you the vomit factor. Know that she's awesome. We live together in a little one bedroom apartment that is constantly a mess.

I live in Missouri (and no not anywhere that could ever be considered a cool part of Missouri). I think Republicans outnumber everyone else 3 to 1. So I live in Republican central, Bible Belt, USA. It's fantastic (and by fantastic I mean why the hell do I still live here?) Fred Phelps practically lives next door. In order to get into my current apartment I had to imply that I loved Jesus a lot...that's all I'm saying.

I grew up in an even smaller and more conservative town in Kansas. The coolest thing about Kansas is The Wizzard of Oz is set here. You can visit various Wizzard of Oz themed towns in Kansas. I have visited a yellow brick road. There may be embarassing pictures of that somewhere. Also I know all about Kansas history if anyone needs to know something for trivia purposes.

I work as a barista at a corporate America coffee shop. The company I work for likes the gays. That's good. The job is fine. There are lots of interesting customers who say lots of really weird things. I've also got most of a college degree in Commercial Graphics. I have one class and an internship left. Then I will have a degree. I should get on with that...but well procrastination is cheaper and less terrifying.

Ta da. An introduction.

No comments:

Post a Comment